Methi Puri, mostly prepared on Karwa Chauth, is very nutritious & delicious recipe. Read this article to know how to make methi puri.
Methi Puri is one of the mouth watering Indian recipes that can be prepared on the occasion of karva chauth. It is not only delicious to eat, but very nutritious as well. Methi Puri is a very popular recipe, which is prepared with fenugreek leaves and other spices. These are stuffed in wheat flour ball and then fried. The most important ingredient for the recipe i.e. fresh methi leaves is available in most Indian grocery stores. These puris can be eaten with any Indian meal or as a snack. If you want to learn how to make this delicious puri, then try the steps involved in the preparation, as given below.
Methi Puri Recipe
- 2 cups Wheat flour
- 1 cup Fenugreek Leaves (Methi), finely chopped
- A pinch of Baking Powder
- A pinch of Turmeric Powder
- 2 Green Chilies, chopped
- 1 tsp Aniseed, roasted
- A pinch of Asafoetida
- Oil, for frying
- Salt, according to taste
- Water, as required
- Sift the flour and salt and mix the rest of the ingredients with 1 tsp. ghee (clarified butter).
- Now make soft dough, using water and knead it well until it becomes soft.
- Divide the dough into equal balls and roll out each ball into a round puri.
- Heat ghee (clarified butter) in a frying pan and fry 1-2 puris at a time, until it turns golden brown.