Aloo Chana Chaat is one of the most preferred chaat items prepared on Karwa Chauth. Read the recipe to know how to make this dish.
Aloo Chana Chaat
The preparation of aloo chana chaat varies from place to place. It greatly depends upon an individual's taste and likings. However, it surely is a dish that is liked and preferred by people of all age groups. Aloo chana chaat, most of the times, becomes the first choice for starters, as it is very easy and simple to make. With minimal steps, this dish can be turned into a mouth watering delicacy. If you want to try this, then wait no more! Given below are the details about the ingredients as well as the method of preparation. Go through this recipe and know how to make aloo chana chat.
Aloo Chana Chaat Recipe
- 250 gm Kabuli Chana
- 3 Potatoes
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Chaat Masala
- 1 small Onion
- ¼ inch Ginger piece (grated)
- 1 Tomato
- 2 Green Chilies
- 1/2 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 2 tbsp Chopped Coriander Leaves
- 1 tsp Oil
- 1 to 1½ Lemons (juice)
- Salt to taste
- Boil the chana for 20 minutes. Wash the boiled chana and drain the water. Now boil potatoes, peel it and cut it into 1cm cubes.
- Chop onion into small pieces, cut tomato into medium pieces. Remove seeds from Green chili and chop it finely. Roast cumin powder.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan and put green chili, ginger, onion into it for a minute. Now add Chana and potato and toss till they turn slightly brown.
- Add tomato and toss it over moderate heat. Now sprinkle cumin powder, red chili powder and chaat masala
- Put into a bowl and sprinkle fresh coriander and salt on it. For tangy flavor add lemon juice to it.