Ganesh Chaturthi, one of the biggest festivals of India, can be made more special by preparing Moong Dal Ka Halwa. Read on to know its recipe.
Moong Dal Ka Halwa
Lord Ganesh is very fond of food, especially, and this is why a long list of recipes is prepared on the occasion of Ganesh Chaturthi. Traditionally, the devotees during prepare several recipes to offer to Lord Ganesha, on his birthday. Moong Dal Ka Halwa is among these delicacies. This year, make the occasion of Ganesh Chaturthi sweeter, preparing mouth watering Moong Dal Ka Halwa. Given below is the recipe for the halwa, detailing the ingredients required as well as the method of preparation.
Moong Dal Ka Halwa Recipe
- 1½ cup Moong Dal, soaked
- 3/4 cup Mawa, well crumpled
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1½ liter Milk
- 1/2 tsp Saffron, soaked in a little milk
- 5 Cardamoms, powdered
- 6 tbsp Ghee
- Grind the Moong dal coarsely. Heat the ghee and fry the dal till golden.
- Add milk and cook till the milk has been absorbed. Add mawa and cook on a low fire, stirring continuously till the dal and the mawa are well blended. Remove from the heat and keep aside.
- Make sugar syrup of one thread and add saffron and cardamom powder to it. Add the fried dal to the syrup and stir quickly till it mixes well. If you want you can add thin silvers of blanched almonds.