Kaju Barfi is one of the special sweets made on Ganesh Chaturthi. Enjoy the occasion by making the delicious kaju katli, as per the given recipe.
Ganesh Chaturthi is a festival dedicated to Lord Ganesha, who is known for his inclination towards sweets. So, how can the celebrations be complete without the inclusion of a few sweets? One of the sweets that are most commonly made around Ganesh Chaturthi is kaju barfi. What are you waiting for? Bring good luck and prosperity into your home, by celebrating the occasion with mouth watering kaju barfi. You can learn to make delicious kaju barfi by following the recipe detailed in the lines below.
Kaju Barfi Recipe
- 2 cups Cashew Nuts (soaked in water for 2 hours)
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder
- Silver Foil (optional)
- Drain and blend the cashews to a fine paste. Use as little water as possible when blending.
- Now in a saucepan make syrup with sugar and water and Cook on slow to medium heat.
- Cook stirring continuously till a soft lump is formed. Add ghee and cardamom powder and mix well
- Remove from heat on to a smooth surface and roll out (thin) quickly with a rolling pin. Cut into squares/diamond shapes.