Given below is the recipe/recepie of Chili Bean
Casserole. Learn how to make Chili Bean Casserole.
Chili Bean Casserole Recipe
Known as the festival of love and romance, Valentine's Day is celebrated on February 14 throughout the world. People observe this occasion to mark love, affection, romance, togetherness, passion and closeness. One can see the markets filled with various gifts brought in especially for this day. Common symbols of Valentine's Day include flowers (red roses), cards, chocolates, confectionary and other accessories. No Valentine's Day is complete without delicious and mouth-watering savories. Given here is the recipe of chili bean casserole, which is a must have for all you die-hard vegetarians and chilly lovers. The chili bean recipe requires no skills and anyone can learn how to make chili bean casserole.
How To Make Chili Bean Casserole
- ½ pound Uncooked Kidney Beans
- ½ pound Mixed Vegetables (carrots, bell peppers and celery)
- 1½ pints Stock
- 2 pints Water
- 1 Garlic Clove (pressed)
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Chili Powder
- ½ tsp Basil
- ½ tsp Cumin
- ¼ tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 14 ounces Tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 ounces Bulgur Wheat
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 3 tbsp Red Wine
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Soak the beans in water and drain after some time. Wash them well under running water.
- Boil in high flame in fresh water for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat and cook for 40 minutes, depending upon the freshness of the beans. It takes longer to cook older beans.
- Drain the water off and preserve the liquid for being used later.
- Place a pan on medium flame and add olive oil.
- Add onions and garlic and fry them.
- Add the cooked beans, chopped vegetables, basil, chili powder, cumin and cayenne powder. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Next, put in the tomatoes, tomato paste, bulgur wheat and 1 pint of the preserved stock.
- Bring to a boil on a high flame. Reduce heat, cover the top and let it simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add lemon juice, red wine, salt and pepper.
- Add more stock if the consistency becomes too thick. Cook for a further 20 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Comment On This Article