Seviyan is a very popular sweet dish that is widely cooked on the special occasion of Eid ul Fitr. Read the article to know its correct recipe.
Seviyan is a sweet dish that is made from vermicelli and milk. It is not only cooked on the special occasion of Eid ul Fitr, but also taken as a dessert after a normal, everyday meal. It is equally popular among Hindus and Muslims in India. It has a rich sweet taste and can be very easily cooked with the least effort. Its ingredients are easily available in the market. It is also less time consuming as compared to other desserts. The article brings you the recipe to make delicious and yummy Seviyan at home. Go ahead and enjoy it with your loved ones.
Recipe of Seviyan
- 50 gm Vermicelli Noodles (Seviyan)
- 2 tbsp Raisins (Kishmish) (optional)
- 2 tbsp Nuts - Almonds & Pistachios (optional)
- 2 Cardamoms (powdered)
- 1/2 tin Condensed Milk
- 1/2 liter Whole Milk
- 1 tbsp Pure Ghee or Butter
- Heat pure ghee or butter in a pan; fry the Vermicelli until light brown.
- Bring milk to a boil. Add condensed milk, vermicelli and cardamom powder to it and mix well.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until the vermicelli becomes soft. Take out in bowls, top with raisins and nuts and serve.
Comment On This Article