Nawabi Biryani is one of the most favored dishes on the day of Eid ul Fitr. The article brings you the right recipe of Nawbi Biryani.
Nawabi Biryani is a special dish made on the occasion of Eid ul Fitr. It is a non-vegetarian dish which is made by using liberal amount of raisins, and is called ‘Nawabi’ Biryani precisely for this reason. Its ingredients are easily available in the market, and it is also easy to cook. A delicious rice-made dish, it is popular among the Muslims and non-Muslims in India alike, especially the Lucknow style Nawabi Biryani. This article brings you the recipe of Nawabi Biryani. Try it at home and enjoy the relishing and exquisite taste of this delectable dish.
Recipe of Nawabi Biryani
- 325 gms Basmati Rice
- 1/2 kg. Mutton (cut in pieces)
- 3 Onions (sliced)
- 1/2 tbsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 3 small-sized Red Chilies
- 1 piece Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Curd (beaten)
- 3 Green Cardamom
- 5 Pepper
- 5 Cloves
- 1/2 tsp Shahjeera
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/4 cup Milk, with saffron
- 1 pinch Coriander/Pudina (chopped)
- Jardalu (5 apricots )
- Dry Fruits
- Ghee, as required
- Fry the dry fruits & apricots in 2˝ tbsp ghee, with a little salt (to taste).
- Now, grind the fried onions and red chilies, to make a fine paste.
- Marinate the mutton pieces with curd, ginger-garlic paste, onion paste, turmeric powder and salt.
- In a pressure cooker, heat ghee, add the marinated mutton and cook till done.
- Heat ghee again in another vessel, add the whole spices, fry for a while and then add the washed rice.
- Add salt and warm water, enough that it comes 1˝ inch above the rice. Cook till the rice is done.
- Remove the rice from the pan, spread out to cool and remove the whole spices.
- To assemble, apply ghee to a heavy bottomed vessel, add the cooked mutton and sprinkle some garam masala.
- Cover with a layer of rice, followed by melted ghee and then the saffron milk.
- Lastly, add the fried nuts, cover tightly and keep on dum for 15-20 minutes.
- Mix and serve, hot garnished with chopped coriander & pudina.
Comment On This Article