Check out how to play the easy Chanuka kid game called 'pin the shamash or shield'.
Pin the Shamash or Shield
Games enliven a party and help people get acquainted with each other in a better manner. It is through these games that they get to relive treasured moments of their childhood. And you can never be too old to play games. There are games for people of all age groups, beliefs and mindset. No mater where you come from, to which religion you belong, there is always a game for you that you will enjoy playing. Hanukkah, being a festival of rituals, merry-making and enjoyment, is also full of such games. In fact, games are an integral part of a traditional Hanukkah party. One such interesting and amusing festive game is the “Pin the Shamash or Shield” .Below is given the method of playing the easy game.
How To Play Pin The Shamash Or Shield
- Pin The Shamash or Shield” is an educational Hanukkah game that is also crafty at the same time. In fact, the game will add a new meaning to the celebration and will definitely help keep all your guests engaged.
- The game is very similar to the "Pin the Tail on the Donkey” but has a distinct Hanukkah twist to it.
- Before starting off with the game, arrange for all the materials that will be required for playing it. This includes craft papers of different colors, scissors, double sided tape and blindfold.
- Kids especially have a riot while playing the game and it is also very popular among the adults. In case the kids are involved, there should always be a guardian to look after them, to avoid any kind of mishaps and injuries, as there is usage of sharp instruments while playing the game. It is preferable to get the adults involved in the craft portion, even when the children are involved.
- Once the participants arrive for the game, start by explaining the rules and regulations. This will help avoid any confusion later on.
- First of all, ask all the players to help cut out paper figures of a Chanukiah, a Maccabee, a Shamash and a Shield, by using the colored craft papers.
- Next, hang the Chanukiah or the Maccabee on the wall. Now, blindfolding each of the players, ask them to try to stick the Shamash on the Chanukiah or the Shield on the Maccabee, in turns. For the purpose, you can make use of the double sided tape.
- The player who succeeds to get the figures in the right places wins the game.
- To make the game even more exciting, you can even award the winner with festive Hanukkah gifts, which will help them remember this special Hanukkah game and craft project.
Comment On This Article