On the occasion of Bihu, people exchange Bihu greetings and messages among their loved ones to show that they remember them. Read on to know about a few of them.
Bihu is perhaps the most vibrant and important festival celebrated by the people of Assam and the Assamese people make sure that they do it with splendor. The festival is not a religious one, instead, it goes beyond any such barriers and brings people closer and helps in the construction of a much humane society. The word Bihu is derived from Dimasa Kachari language and has been unchanged from time immemorial. The three Bihus celebrated in Assam are namely Rongali Bihu, Kati Bihu and Magh Bihu. The festival denotes the stages of the cultivation of paddy like Rongali Bihu is celebrated during the beginning of sowing season; Kati Bihu denotes the finishing of the sowing regimen and transplantation of the saplings and conclusively Magh Bihu sets the advent of the harvest period. People send each other greetings through mails, e-mails and SMS messages to greet each other on this auspicious occasion and hence we are providing you with a list of some unique ones.
Bihu Wishes & Greetings
- Wish you a very Happy Bihu. May your life be as colorful and joyful as the festival of Bihu.
- May this festival of zeal and verve fill your life with lots of energy and enthusiasm; and may it help you bring happiness and prosperity to you and your loved ones. Heartiest Bihu greetings…
- Enjoy the festive season! Sing and dance with fun…Wishing you happiness on this Bihu…
- May the joyous harvest season bring to you and your family Happiness & Prosperity.
- Another Rongali Bihu is here. Let us banish our worries and mistakes and start afresh. Happy Bohag Bihu!
- Let this Bihu give you the strength to do all that you dreamed to do during last year but didn’t dare to do.
- Let us welcome this Bohag Bihu with great hope, eagerness and anticipation. Let us look forward to a plentiful year of joy, satisfaction, peace and prosperity.
- Happy Bihu! Let this year be filled with the things that are truly good.
- Let this Bihu usher in a Good and Sweet Year, both materially and spiritually.
- Let this Bohag Bihu bring peace and prosperity in the lives of all.
- Rongali Bihu stands for new and fresh – Life is always new and fresh – Let us strive to make all days Bihu.
- Let us vow to take life in our stride this Bihu and make it tolerable as well as beautiful by accepting sorrow and happiness with sanity.
- May this Bohag Bihu be a good and prosperous one for all of us.
- Happy Bihu! Let this be a delightful year, filled with delightful things in each of its days.
- This is a time of new beginnings and for the celebration of life – Happy Rongali Bihu
- Rongali Bihu! Wish you a happy and prosperous year with love, peace, hope and joy for the year ahead.
- From this Bihu let us go forward with great hope that all things will be possible.
- Another Bohag Bihu is here. Let this New Year herald new optimism, zeal and cheer.
- I hope this Rongali Bihu will bring cheer, prosperity and peace in your life. Let us pray that we gain enough strength to accept the highs and lows of life with equanimity.
- From this Rongali Bihu let us only spread love, peace and laughte.