The festival of Bihu is the marker of Assamese New Year and like on every New Year people greet each other by sending SMS messages.
Bihu in itself denotes a set of three different festivals which are celebrated during three different times of the year. Bihu, celebrated especially in Assam, is commonly known as a harvesting festival; but that is true about only one Bihu that is Bhogali Bihu. The other two Bihus celebrate different spirits of the festival. The word Bihu is derived from the Assamese word Bishu which literally means "asking for peace and prosperity". Bihu also refers to the dance that is performed during the celebration of this festival. A number of folk songs are sung and a number of dances are performed to the beats and rhythm of these songs. The most popular Bihu is the Rongali Bihu which is celebrated to mark the beginning of the Assamese New Year; hence, a number of greetings are exchanged with friends and family during this Bihu. As SMS have become the most common medium through which you can wish your loved ones, we are presenting a list of useful messages which you can send to wish Bihu to your friends and family members.
Bihu SMS Messages
- Atikoi senehor maku
tatukoi senehor rongali bihuti napati kenekoi thaku
Happy Rongali Bihu
- Sing and dance with fun
wish you a happy
- Bihu anondia, Bihu binondia
Bihur mou mitha mat
Bihur ba lagi bihua kokair
Deu dhoni lagise gat…”
- Happy Assamese New Year
First day of Bohag Bihu – Happy Rongali Bihu
- Basantar agamne tumar hridayat Anak asar natun batara,dhul pepa gaganar mate kadiyai niyak tumar sakalu dukh bedana RANGALI BIHU eye subakamana
- kuli ketekir aru peppar matare aguvam ami a natun bosor , rongdhemalire bhora porok amar jivanot .Nasim ami kokal bhangi a Rongali bihut. Pahori najabo ami Asomiya hodai thakim hahi dhemalire.
- Bihuti ahise, dhul pepa bajise, birikhe holaise paat, bihu bihu lagise gaat - The Bihu has come, drums and pipes are being played, new leaves are budding in the trees, it is feeling like Bihu!
- Sakaluloike jonaishu Rongali Bihur Subhessa - I greet everyone the best wishes of Rongali Bihu.
- Kopu phul fulie gasar dalat, Keteki fulile vanot, Natun basar ahile, Bihu Bihu lagile manot
- Laru, pitha, doi sira lagat alap gur
Bohag Bihu thakak ananda bharpur
- B -Bond of LOVE
I -Icon of Assam
That is our BIHU, our soul….wish U all a Happy Rongali Bihu.
- May the color of this world be yours,
May the life be bright as the Sun
May the celebration of Rongali Bihu give you
Happiness you always deserved.
Happy Rongali Bihu!