Candle making or candle craft is
an ideal gift idea for Father's Day. To know how to make a candle, read
On occasions like Fathers Day, the market is flooded with various gift items. Most kids go to the market and purchase gifts for their dad. But if you are planning to do something different on this Father's Day, then what better than to make something with your own hands. The handmade gifts will more effectively express the love and affection you have, for your father. Make this Father's Day a memorable one by presenting your dad with a handmade candle as gift. The simple homemade candles can be the best gift for your Dad on this Father's Day. In this way along with saving money, you can have lot of fun. Below we are giving you a few simple tips to make Father's Day candles that are perfect gift for your Dad on his special day.
- Ceramic Containers like mugs or glasses
- Gel Wax
- Candle Wicks
- Pot (for melting wax)
- Candle Scent and Color (non alcohol-base)
- Sharp Scissors
- Take a pencil and twine the wick around it, leaving some of the wick free to reach the bottom part of the candle container. Make sure that it goes straight down the center of the container.
- Place the pencil, with the twined wick, in the middle of the container.
- Melt the wax, cutting it into cubes beforehand.
- Add color and scent to the melted wax, making sure that they do not make it cloudy.
- Once the wax melts completely, pour the gel wax into the container.
- Fill the container, but to a limit. Make sure the wick takes the center point of the container.
- Keep the container aside and let it cool for sometime.
- Before giving the candle to your dad, tie a piece of a ribbon around it.
- You can also write a Father's Day message in a piece of paper and attach it to the candle.
- Colored Candle Waxes
- Silicone Spray
- Glass Dish
- Letter Cookie Cutters
- 2 Glass bowls
- Hot Water
- Cold Water
- Metallic acrylic paint
- Melt the colored candle wax in a bowl. You can do this in micro wave on high temp. for 15 seconds at a time in a glass dish.
- Microwave the wax in intervals until the wax is melted.
- Now, pour the colored melted wax into a glass dish lightly coated with silicone spray.
- Be sure that the wax is not thicker than 1/8 inch thick.
- If you make the wax embellishments too thick they will look silly sticking out on your pillar candle.
- Once the colored wax in the glass dish is solid but still soft you can spray silicone onto your personal letter shaped cookie cutter and press it into the soft wax.
- Go for sayings that are not too long such as "Best Dad", "1 Dad" or "Love U Dad".
- This is just like cutting out cookies with your cookie cutters and very simple to do. Be careful as the wax will be warm to the touch.
- Remove the excess wax from around the saying.
- You could also use a needle or wooden skewer to poke holes, hearts, or any design in the saying "Best Dad".
- Now, allow the wax to personalize letter shapes to cool completely.
Comment On This Article