Read ideas on holiday nosegays, how to make
Christmas decoration at home and tips on Christmas church decoration.
Holiday nosegays are quite simple to make and can be easily done to add personal touch to your Christmas decorations or decorating your community church on Christmas. Nosegays are bunches of anything that can be grouped together and they can vary in, colors, styles and materials. These can be made as large or small depending upon your need and the kind of material you use. Nosegays made up of glass ornaments, glittery twigs, silver leaves and bells, silk flowers and metallic baubles look quite elegant and sophisticated. For rustic themed Christmas party, you can use raffia, pinecones, acorns, berries, wheat, leaf twigs, holly, oak and balsam leaves. The elements can be natural or artificial but nosegays do add designer touch to formal Christmas gatherings. Here are some tips for you:
How To Make Christmas Nosegays
- For tree decoration, make a bunch of flowers or leaves with sturdy base and stick decorative items such as ornaments and berries using hot glue and bind it all with wire. For finishing touch you can use raffia or bows.
- For big trees, you may need as many as two or three dozen nosegays.
- Nosegays of rustic leaves can use oak leaf stems from woodlands, wheat and dried ferns and can be secured using raffia knots.
- White flowers look like snow on Christmas trees and wreaths. Red colored flowers look good too. Silk flowers last longer but fresh flowers are of course the best. You can bunch them up with glass ornaments, silver and golden berries or baubles and glittery twigs with the help of wire.
- Nosegays shaped like bird nests look interesting and are very easy to make. Weave a nest for birds with the help of twigs and glittering sprigs. Add a toy bird on top of it with berries for the eggs.
- It is advisable to group things in nosegays in odd numbers to make the grouping look more interesting. You can vary the material in size and shape.
- Nosegays can also be made of tiny twig wreaths readily available in the stores. They can be adorned with cedar leaves, ribbons, bows, berries, beads, tiny bells and baubles for added elegance.
- Thread a ribbon in glass balls and make garland-like nosegays using your national flag at regular distance. It is a patriotic way of celebrating Christmas.
- Do not confuse yourself with intricate patterns; try to keep it simple so that the designs are visible.
- Keep extra concern about the color combination. Keep it close to the mood of Christmas.
- Also, try to keep the look more natural because it has a rustic appeal in it.
- Keep the size moderate, neither too big nor too small.
Comment On This Article