Windows constitute an important part of the Christmas decorations and add an elegant look to the overall decor. Read on to know some ideas for decorating the windows this Christmas.
Christmas Window Decor
25th December is here again! It's the time to celebrate the birth of Lord Jesus Christ, our Savior, and make merry again! It's the season of Christmas! A Merry Christmas! The season of Christmas is celebrated with much ardor all around the world and brings together all loved ones, family members and friends. At this time, while grand scale dinners, get togethers, gifts sharing, carols singing, saying prayers, and partying out constitute the most part of it, there's also one aspect that not only completes the joyous spirit of the season but adds more to it. It's the decorations with which the joy is manifested.
The decorations are one way of sharing the joy to the outside world and and for the outside world to feel it. Now that the Christmas season is near, most of you would have started working on the decorations in and outside your home. At this time, don't forget to decorate the windows. Apart from the exteriors and interiors of the house, windows are the only thing through which people can see the decorations inside out and outside in. It's because windows stand out for both interiors and exteriors. As such, decorate them as one of the main attractions and not as side decorations. Read further to get some ideas about how to go about decorating the windows for Christmas.
Christmas Window Decoration Ideas
- First and foremost step in decorating a window during the Christmas season is choosing the right window! You must not choose a window whose view remains closed to the joyous people outside. Rather, select one, which is easily visible from the street.
- A window without a curtain is like a garden without a flower. Curtains form an essential part of the decoration all year round and not just on Christmas. However, you can choose the drapes (and further decorate them) that send out a Christmassy feel and hang them at the window.
- Tie back the curtains for best of effect! You can use brightly colored ribbons to either tie back the curtains or to decorate them on the curtains in any way you like.
- Next you can decorate the window with a set of white cloth or cotton to make it look like snow of the season. The whole window with snow in the foreground enhances the beauty of rest of the decorations set at the window.
- Nothing beats the natural green look given to any surrounding or object, including a window. The green of the fresh wreaths put up on the window and combined with a white snow will allow the Christmas spirit enter your home right through your window.
- An assortment of decorations like twigs, pine cones, soft toys, porcelain toys, bells, branches, and stars put together randomly at places or in a proper format according to your liking will heighten the decorative effect of the window.
- Naturally made candles or new age LED candles are a perfect way to up the decorations. Placing it on the window sill with other decorations will enhance the decorative look of the window and will enable it to be seen from the outside.
- Last but not the least, no Christmas decorations are complete until lights are adorned on them. Hang a string or two of Christmas lights on the edge of the window. The night will come alive when the lights go on, making it feel like a jolly Christmas.
Comment On This Article