Find ideas for Christmas ornament crafts, homemade
Christmas tree ornaments and handmade Christmas ornaments here.
Christmas ornaments have become intrinsic part of Christmas tree adornments, for hundreds of years. The decorative items are very attractive and help a great deal in improving the overall appeal of Christmas tree and wreath. Moreover, the festoons can also be used to decorate home and premises, for the festival. The embellishments for Christmas tree are available in a wide variety of shapes, sizes and price range - they can be costly or cheap. The best part of the festoons is that they can be easily made at home. Homemade Christmas ornaments would add bright, cheery colors, a bit of sparkle and warmth to the holiday season. Handcrafted Christmas ornaments are not only economical, but also have a touch of genuineness to them that make them lovable. Here are some easy ornaments of the festival, which you can make with your kids.
Homemade Christmas Tree Ornaments
- Use glue gun to stick small decorative items such as painted tennis balls, holly, berries, confetti, bells, small plastic toys and beads on clothespins and pin it on the branches of your Christmas tree.
- Creative accents made up of any stray can serve as a gem for your Christmas tree. You can use costume jewellery piece that can be used no longer, a small key sprayed with sparkle, miniature toys such as very small teddy bears, doll key rings, little hearts, plastic cars and buttons too and group them together to make something nice for your Christmas tree.
- Green ornaments will disappear in the green background of Christmas tree, so choose a contrasting and sparkling color instead, to make your ornaments stand out. They can be white, yellow, red, silver, golden or light blue in color.
- You can also cut out stars and other shapes from aluminum sheet, using cookie cutters, punch a hole in them to thread your ribbon through them and hang them on your tree as Christmas ornaments.
- Make shiny ornaments by brushing up glue on any small piece and rolling it in golden, copper or silver powder.
- You can also make use of your photos as Christmas tree ornaments, to make a personalized tree for family gatherings.
- Cut pictures from old Christmas cards and hang them as ornaments.
- You may use play dough to design your own Christmas ornaments and paint them. However, it can be messy and should only be handled by adults.
- Pinecones, berries and soft snow-like cotton balls would look good on Christmas tree too.
- Make a string of popcorn or tradition colorful paper chains, in order to decorate your tree. Bows made from ribbon and lace also look good.
- You may make use of candy canes or pipe cleaners and add antlers of thin wire and eyes to them to make small sized reindeers. A cute berry nose will characterize Rudolph.
Comment On This Article