Given below is the recipe of Chicken with Wine
and Herbs. Learn how to make baked Chicken with Wine and Herbs.
Chicken with Wine and Herbs Recipe
Valentine Day is a festival of joy, sharing and caring. Everywhere there is a general mood of festivity and gaiety among the masses. Extensive preparations start months ahead and people get busy trying to get something unique for their special somebody. Houses are decorated, get-togethers are arranged and delicious meals are made. There is no better way to celebrate Valentine's Day than having some fine wine. Many a times the words ‘wine’ and ‘festival’ are used as synonymous to each other. There are innumerous ways by which we can make use of this festive drink. A number of recipes and desserts are also prepared using different varieties of wine. However, a combination of wine and chicken fry is very delicious and is often prepared by people during festive gatherings particularly during Valentine. To help you sample some of these scrumptious recipes, a very interesting Valentine chicken dish is given below in this article. The recipe involves preparing the chicken pieces using a blend of herbs and wine and this contributes to the delightful flavor of the recipe. Surprise your beloved by learning how to make chicken with wine and herbs and make the day utterly special for your loved one.
How To Make Chicken With Wine & Herbs
- 1/2 Broiler-fryer CHICKEN
- ½ cup White Wine (dry)
- ¼ tsp Basil
- ¼ tsp Garlic Salt
- ¼ tsp Oregano
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Pepper
- Cooking Oil
- Wash and cut the chicken into small pieces. The finer the pieces are cut, the softer and crispier will be the final outcome.
- In a large frying pan, shallow fry these pieces in oil till they turn golden brown on all sides. Make sure that the pieces are cooked in a uniform manner and no piece is left half-done.
- Next, drain off excess oil by using a sieve as it is vital to have the pieces completely devoid of all the excess oil.
- Add wine and seasonings. The amount of wine added will depend on the preferred consistency of the dish. If you want it dry and soft, you can add a little wine which is just suffice to add the desired flavor. However, if you want the recipe to have a little milder consistency, you can increase the volume of the wine added.
- Cover with a lid and let it simmer for 30 - 40 minutes or until the chicken pieces becomes tender.
- Once done, serve hot after garnishing with your favorite seasonings and garnishes.
- As an icing over the pie, serve 2 glasses of your beloved's favorite red wine along with the dish.
Comment On This Article