Given below is the recipe of Chicken Enchilada
Casserole. Learn how to make Chicken Enchilada Casserole.
Chicken Enchilada Casserole Recipe
Who would not love being treated with an exquisite festive meal during Valentine? This is, in fact, the best way to make your partner feel special and unique. Enchant your loved one by making Chicken Enchilada Casserole recipe. Once you learn how to make Chicken Enchilada Casserole, you can rest assured that your beloved is going to love it and love you even more. Chicken recipes are a must if you want to go for a complete festive meal. There are different types of Valentine chicken recipes, some of which require elaborate preparations and extensive cooking time. Here, in this section, we bring to you an interesting recipe for Valentine called the ‘Chicken Enchilada Casserole’ which is regarded as a treat for the eyes and a feast for your taste buds. The dish can be prepared even by first-timers provided you follow the steps mentioned below in a sequential manner. Moreover, all the ingredients required for the preparation can be easily availed and you don’t need extensive trips to different areas to collect them. The recipe can be further garnished by making use of your selection of seasonings and garnishes. Read on the recipe given below about Chicken Enchilada Casserole.
How To Make Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- 2 cups Cooked Chicken
- 2½ cups Chicken Broth
- 1 cup Onions
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 4 oz Green Chili Peppers, rinsed, seeded, and chopped
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp Ground Coriander Seeds
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 12 Corn Tortillas
- 1/2 cup Red Bell Peppers
- 1½ cups Monterey Jack Cheese
- ¼ cup Flour
- ¾ tsp Salt
- Take a large saucepan and heat 2 tablespoons butter. Cook the onion and green pepper until they turn tender. Set aside in a bowl that has chopped chicken and green chili peppers.
- In the same saucepan, melt the 3 tablespoons of butter. Add flour, coriander, and salt and blend nicely. Stir in the chicken broth all at once. Stir and cook until it becomes thick and bubbly. The consistency of the mixture should be just right for the dish to set in properly.
- Remove from heat and add 1/2 cup of grated Monterey Jack cheese and then add the sour cream. Scoop out 1/2 cup of this mixture and add it to the chicken concoction.
- Take each tortilla and dip it into the hot sauce. This makes the tortilla soft and it does not break. Then fill with 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture and roll it up.
- Arrange these rolls in a baking dish and pour remaining sauce (if any) over the rolls. Sprinkle remaining shredded cheese on top.
- Bake it at 350o F without covering for about 25 minutes and serve hot.
Comment On This Article