Given here is how to write romantic I Love You
poem. Read on to know about love poem.
How to Write Love Poems
Love poems are a beautiful expression of your sentiments and affection for the one you are so deeply in love with. There is no other thing which can be compared to a sweet and romantic self-written poem praising your beloved. Nothing is as classic as giving a love poem to the love of your life as a beautiful token of your ever-increasing love. It puts forth your feelings and sentiments in an entirely new form, and definitely a better one. You need not be William Wordsworth to express your love in the form of a poem. Anyone (who is in love!) can do it and with ease. Read on how to write love poem and get started on writing a romantic "I love you" poem for your beloved.
Writing Love Poems
- Three things to be kept in mind while writing a love poem are Rhyme, Rhythm and Imagery. Rhyming is essentially to give the poem rhythm and a natural flow. Imagery is when the poem succeeds in creating images in your mind when it is read.
- Next, choose a nice title. You could simply name it "our love story". If you can think of anything better, go ahead and use it. It should sound romantic and appealing. Make sure that the opening lines are laced with love and admiration for him/her.
- You can always use some good quotes in your poems. Either start with one or end with one. Look for romantic quotes on the internet and if you can create one of your own, nothing like it!
- Use simple language. It isn't necessary that using biblical English or big bombastic words will look good. True feelings are best if written in simple language. Try to avoid jargons and tough words and keep the language expressive.
- Write about those little things that he/she does, which makes him/her special for you in a unique way. Think of things you may have observed about him/her, but have never spoken. Your beloved will be pleasantly surprised to know that you have been so observant about him/her.
- Be truthful and put some genuine effort, if you want to write a poem that truly impresses your beloved. You may not be a creative talent when it comes to poetry, but anything that comes straight from the heart is sure to impress your beloved. The effort will be worth it.
- If you are still clueless on how to go about writing a love poem, you can draw inspiration from the romantic poems written by famous poets. Read some love poems written by others to get a fair idea on how a love-filled poem is written.
Comment On This Article