Beautiful handmade crafts are always the best bet for Thanksgiving Day. Read on to know more about some excellent thanksgiving crafts for teenagers.
Thanksgiving Crafts For Teenagers
Thanksgiving Day is a day to express our gratitude and appreciation for everything that is showered on us. It is not only about social gatherings and parties, but also about gifting something to your dear and near on the special day. What about gifting a beautiful thanksgiving craft which only delights your beloved people but reveals your creativity and innovation? Moreover, these crafts also have a personal touch to it which makes it all the more special. There are plenty of options for thanksgiving crafts, be it needle works or paper crafts. Involving the entire in the crafts making enhances the festive mood which makes it quite easy and simple. While the little ones have crafts made of leaves, adults can make handbags or pouches. As teenagers are concerned, they have the option of coloured sneakers and friendship bracelets. Read further to know more about some craft options which the teenager can make.
Crafts For Thanksgiving
- Shoelaces - coloured
- Black tulle
- Animal Print Bandana
- Flower stickers
- Opaque pony beads
- Permanent markers
- Fabric glue
- Take permanent markers to design your sneakers with animal print.
- Decorate your laces or give colours to the laces.
- Re-lace your sneakers and add pony beads.
- Tear 1" strip of bandana and 20" pieces of tulle. Tie them when tying the bow.
- Take a flower sticker and paste it on the sneakers using fabric glue.
- Photo Frame
- Mount - heart shaped
- Love quotes
- Sheet of paper
- Adhesive gems with hearts shapes
- Buttons pack - Tiny and black
- Glitterations alphabet stickers
- Alphaminis foam alphabet
- Tacky glue
- Take a sheet of paper which fits beyond the heart shaped mount.
- Trace the heart outline. Rub down the lettering after filling it with buttons, gems and glittering letter stickers.
- Leave as it is to allow the buttons to dry after which you can secure inside the frame.
Braided Friendship Bracelets
- Cord in Three colors - 18"
- Masking Tape
- Take 2 pieces of cord and tie it together, making a knot of about 6" from the end.
- Braid the three pieces together till you find it is long enough to go around your friend's wrist (usually, it must be about 7" to 8").
- Wrap a piece of tape in the braid end so that it holds it temporarily. Then, loosen the original knot and slide the other end using the loose knot. Tighten it and remove the tape. This end must slide back and forth through the knot so that it loosens and tightens the bracelet.
- Maple leaves for each flower in different sizes (leaves must be dry and freshly fallen) - 10
- Short twigs
- Floral tape
- Take a small leaf and keeping the colourful side down, fold the ends in. Then, roll the leaf from one side.
- Then, take a second leaf and fold the centre point down. Take the first rolled leaf and keep it in the centre, folding down the side points on the second leaf and wrapping both sides around the first bud.
- You can continue adding leaves and rotating the flower as its size get bigger. Try to work with smaller leaves in the central portion while keep the larger ones outside.
- While rotating the flowers, it keeps the flowers tucked which avoid it being unravelled.
- Once you have added all leaves or have reached the required size, Pinch the leaf stems and start wrapping it with florist tape. Trim the ends of the stem by cutting it using scissors.
- If you need a longer stem, you can use a stick which you can attach it to the flower by covering it with a florist tape.
Hope this article familiarised you with some crafts which the teenagers can prepare for Thanksgiving Day.
Comment On This Article