The activity of making Thanksgiving Day crafts is always full of fun and enjoyment. Read on to get some fun craft ideas for Thanksgiving.
Fun Thanksgiving Crafts
Making fun Thanksgiving crafts at home is a work of great pleasure. These crafts not only add to the decor of your home, but also help in assembling family members towards a productive activity. Homemade Thanksgiving crafts have their own grace and charm. These can be made with cheap and easily available materials. Besides, they bear the signature of the maker, making them all the more special. Moreover, this activity spurs up the creativity and crafting skills of the kids and youngsters present in the family. Making Thanksgiving crafts also provides an excellent opportunity for the family members to spend quality time with each other. Given below are two fun craft ideas for Thanksgiving, which you will enjoy making this festival.
Fun Thanksgiving Day Crafts
Turkey Place Holder
- 10 Jumbo Craft Sticks
- Small Craft Sticks
- 2 medium-size Craft Eyes
- 1 small piece Paper
- Felt (in different colors like black, white, red and golden rod)
- Hot Glue
- Acrylic Paint (in various colors like brown, orange, red and yellow)
- Sharpie Marker
- Apply the acrylic paint on the jumbo craft sticks. Paint four craft sticks with brown, two with yellow, two with red and one with orange color. Leave one craft stick unpainted.
- Take the golden rod felt and cut one-half of an egg shape from it.
- Cut a small elongated triangle out of the golden rod felt as well.
- Cut out the figure of an elongated heart shape from the red felt.
- Take the black felt and cut the shape of a hat and a small rectangle, to be used for the buckle.
- Draw a shape of a small rectangle, little bigger than the black one, on the white felt and cut out the figure.
- Place the unpainted craft stick on the table, to serve as the base for your craft.
- Glue the sticks to one another, in such a way that they form the shape of a fan.
- Keep the sticks one above another and follow any color pattern you like. Leave one brown stick for the body of the turkey.
- Glue the remaining brown stick to the middle of the fan.
- Paste the golden rod in the place of the turkey’s body, followed by the red heart at the top of the body. The heart shape serves as the gobbler of the turkey.
- Now, it is the turn of the beak triangle, which you can paste just over the gobbler. Paste the eyes above the beak.
- Glue the hat over the head, followed by the white rectangle on the hat, with the black rectangle over the white. This gives an impression of buckle.
- Take a small piece of paper and write your guest’s name on it. Paste the paper on a small craft stick and then glue the stick on the body of the turkey.
- Allow the glue to dry completely. Keep your Thanksgiving place holder on the dining table and make your guests feel special.
Candy Corn Pilgrim Hat
- Black and Yellow Craft Paper
- Cardboard Paper Towel Tubes
- Candy Corns
- Cut a circle out of the tube, with a width of about 4”.
- Paste the black craft paper on the circle.
- Cut a circle of width 4 1/2” from the black paper and glue it to the bottom of the above circle. This serves as the base of the hat.
- Form buckle out of the yellow paper and glue to the hat.
- Fill the hat with candy corns and place it on the dining table.
Comment On This Article