You can also make an Indian dish, Kheer (Rice
Pudding) for your teacher. Given below is the recipe for Kheer.
Kheer, also known as rice pudding, is a widely loved Indian dish that is prepared on almost all the special occasions and festivals. At times, it is even made without a special occasion, since it is liked so much by everyone. You can prepare this sweet dish on Teacher's Day as well, as a special treat for your teacher. It will give a very Indian touch to your cooking endeavor. It is one dish which requires least effort, yet gives the best results. Its ingredients are less in number and also easily available. Let us explore a recipe for rice pudding.
How To Make Kheer
- 1/4 cup Rice
- 1 liter Milk
- 4 tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder
- Almonds (sliced)
- Cashew Nuts (sliced)
- Boil milk in a heavy saucepan.
- Add rice, cardamom powder, raisins and half of the sliced almonds and cashew nuts to the boiled milk.
- Bring one more boil and then reduce the heat to medium.
- Cook the milk until it becomes thick and creamy. Stir occasionally.
- Add sugar and cook for 5 minutes.
- Let it come down to the room temperature and then refrigerate.
- Garnish kheer with the remaining dry fruits and serve.
Comment On This Article