Sweet Pongal is one of the delicious dishes prepared on the occasion of Pongal. Read to know the recipe of Sweet Pongal.
Pongal, a harvest festival with major significance South India, is celebrated by preparing a wide variety of traditional recipes. Sweet Pongal is one of the popular dishes that mark their presence on Pongal. The dish sweetens the celebration and sets on the festive mood. Pongal is an occasion to indulge in celebrations and merry making. If you want to celebrate it along with delicious food, then just have a look recipe of sweet Pongal given below, detailing the ingredients as well as the method of preparation for it.
Sweet Pongal Recipe
- 2 cup Basmati Rice
- 1/4 liter Milk
- 1½ cup Arhar Dal
- 50 gm Jaggery
- 12-15 pieces Roasted Cashew Nuts or Fried Raisins
- 12-15 pieces Almonds
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom (dried and grounded)
- 1 tsp Ghee
- 1 pinch Edible Camphor
- In a deep pan, boil the milk. Add rice and dal and turn it on low flame after Cleaning and washing them thoroughly.
- Stir in the Jaggery until it dissolves. When the rice and dal are cooked, add raisins and nuts, grounded cardamom and edible camphor keep while stirring continuously.
- Pour ghee before taking off the fire. Serve it hot or cold as desired.
Comment On This Article