Avial is a famous dish of Tamil Nadu, specially prepared on the festival of Pongal. Read this recipe to know how to make Avial.
Avial is one of the most popular dishes of Tamil Nadu. It is specially prepared on the festival of Pongal. This dish is very healthy and delicious, as a variety of vegetables is used to make it. Apart from that, it also has channa and urad dal as its ingredients. It takes hardly some time to make the dish and the outcome is something very delicious. There are many ways of making Avial, one of which has been mentioned below. You have a simple recipe of Avial in the following lines, through which you would able to know how to make this dish easily, for your friends and relatives, on the festival of Pongal.
- 1 Coconut, finely-grated
- 1 tsp Channa Dal, roasted
- 1 tsp Urad Dal, roasted
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida (heeng)
- 2 Green Chilies
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- Assortment of Chopped Vegetables, excluding salad and leafy vegetables
- Blanch the diced vegetables and set it aside for later use
- Grind channa dal, urad dal, asafoetida and green chilies to a paste
- Heat ghee in a separate shallow pan and add the grounded paste
- Fry it lightly till it emits fragrance
- Add the grated coconut and saute it over a low flame
- Add the blanched vegetables and cook till done
- Add salt to taste.
- Serve hot
Comment On This Article