Your parents are the people who love you the most, hands down, no doubts about that! Breeze through this article for famous quotes and sayings about parents.
Famous Quotes About Parents
Parents! Parents! Parents! Now, don't they always seem to be around, especially when you were a kid, the more you tried to break away from their grasp, the tighter the grasp got. When time to play looked like it had just begun, it was brought to an end by your parents, who only then led you into a pile of books you saw no point in reading. However, in spite of your parents being as strict as they were when you were a kid, it may have never dawned on you that it was only for your own good. When they drove you against the wall and when it looked like there was no scope for turning back, it was all only being forced on to you so that you emerges as a better human being. Take the time to read some famous quotes about parents.
Popular Parents Quotes
- "To lose one parent may be regarded as a misfortune... to lose both seems like carelessness." - Oscar Wilde
- "If your children look up to you, you've made a success of life's biggest job.'' - Unknown
- "Don't be discouraged if your children reject your advice. Years later they will offer it to their own offspring." - Unknown
- "We never know the love of a parent till we become parents ourselves" - Henry Ward Beecher
- "The sooner you treat your son as a man, the sooner he will be one." - John Dryden
- "If I had my child to raise over again, I'd build self-esteem first and the house later, I'd finger paint more and point the finger less, I would do less correcting and more connecting, I'd take my eyes off my watch and watch with my eyes, I would care to know less and know to care more, I'd take more hikes and fly more kites, I'd stop playing serious and seriously play, I would run through more fields and gaze at more stars, I'd do more hugging and less tugging, I'd see the oak tree in the acorn more often, I would be firm less often and affirm much more, I'd model less about the love of power, And more about the power of love." - Diane Loomans
- "Your folks are like God because you want to know they're out there and you want them to approve of your life, still you only call them when you're in a crisis and need something." - Chuck Palahniuk
- "Most children threaten at times to run away from home. This is the only thing that keeps some parents going." - Phyllis Diller
- "A wise parent humors the desire for independent action, so as to become the friend and advisor when his absolute rule shall cease." - Elizabeth Gaskell
- "From where can your authority and license as a parent come from, when you who are old, do worse things?" - Juvenal
- "He that does not bring up his son to some honest calling and employment, brings him up to be a thief." - Jewish Proverb
- "I don't know any parents that look into the eyes of a newborn baby and say, How can we screw this kid up." - Russell Bishop
- "The trouble with parents is that by the time they are experienced, they are unemployed." - Unknown
- "There are times when parenthood seems nothing but feeding the mouth that bites you." - Peter de Vries
- "The first half of our life is ruined by our parents and the second half by our children." - Clarence S. Darrow
- "It's frightening to think that you mark your children merely by being yourself. It seems unfair. You can't assume the responsibility for everything you do --or don't do." - Simone de Beauvoir
There you go, you now have famous quotes about parents, use them well or in appropriate social situations to make yourself look like the biggest fan of your parents!
Comment On This Article