Near Year is the time for new resolutions. Here,
we bring you some great ideas for New Year Resolutions.
New Year Resolutions
Making New Year resolutions is no less than a popular tradition in modern times. These resolutions are usually commitments or goals that people set for themselves and which come into effect from the first day of the New Year. The tradition of making a resolution dates back to the early Babylonians. They were the first ones to believe that what one does on the first day of the New Year will affect the forthcoming year. It is a fresh opportunity to change us for the better and the idea is to not break the resolution throughout the year.
Popular Resolutions For New Year
- I will quit smoking and drinking this year.
- I will have an optimistic and a healthy attitude towards life.
- I will cut down on junk food and try to get a decent waistline.
- I will spend more quality time with family and friends.
- I will become more organized and disciplined in my day-to-day life.
- I will learn something new, which would add meaning to my life.
- I will do something noble for mankind, such as donating blood, donating old clothes to an orphanage, etc.
- I will take up a sport and try to learn it fully.
- I will control my anger and rage.
Sticking to New Year Resolutions
Though New Year resolutions are easy to make, it’s quite difficult for most of the people to follow them strictly. These resolutions are easily forgotten as soon as the celebrations cease. People should seriously try to maintain their resolutions for the entire year and try to achieve what they resolved. It gives confidence and a belief that you can accomplish your goals if you are serious about them. Below given are some suggestions for keeping up your New Year resolutions and achieve them by the time the year ends. May you accomplish what you strive for!
- Recall your last year's resolution. See if you have been successful in achieving that. If not, make sure it is your primary resolution and promise to yourself that you will achieve it this year
- Don't make too many resolutions at one time. Keep them to a limited number say, 3-4. Say it out aloud in front of your family and friends so that they can be aware of your goals too. Its not only fun, but you find people ready to keep a check on you!
- Remind yourself of the resolution throughout the year. Remember, it is to be followed for a whole year and not just one day. Write it on a paper and stick it in your room, if needed.
- Reward yourself when you achieve your goal. It is worth the effort. Tell your friends and family members about the same. It will boost up your morale and keep you motivated to achieve other goals too.
- Make a resolution that is well thought of and is worth working towards. Don't make resolutions in haste. It should not be a spur of the moment decision or something that is bothering you at that moment.
- Credit yourself from the moment you take on resolution. Even if you fail, take the failure in your stride. Don't blame yourself for something you couldn't achieve. Instead, look at the difficulties you had to face and credit yourself for the effort you made. Think of an alternative to reach your goal.
Comment On This Article