New Year Eve recipes are a great way to bring a lovely sparkle in your festive celebrations. Check out some easy, but amazing recipes for New Year Eve.
New Year Eve Recipes
Itís New Year Eve - a time for celebration and enjoyment. Call your friends and relatives, arrange for a get-together and make your eve this year memorable by whisking and baking some of the most delicious and scrumptious New Year Eve recipes. These recipes are very easy to make and do not have any adverse effect on human health. Besides, they are very popular with the kids as well as the adults. All you require are some easily available materials that can be purchased from any local store or departmental shop. Read on the amazing New Year Eve recipes and prepare some mouth-watering dishes for your near and dear ones.
Easy New Year Eve Recipes
Appetizer (Mini Greek Pizza Muffins Recipe)
- ½ cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- ½ cup All-purpose Flour
- ½ cup Onion (finely chopped)
- 2 ½ tsp Baking Soda
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Sugar
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/3 cup Low-fat Milk
- 1/3 cup Feta Cheese (crumbled)
- 2 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 2 tbsp Olives (chopped)
- 1 Egg (well beaten)
- 2/3 cup Red Bell Pepper (finely chopped)
- In a big skillet, pour some oil and heat it over medium flame. Transfer the chopped onions and bell pepper to the skillet and keep stirring for a period of about 5 minutes, until the onions are tender and light brown.
- Once done, transfer the contents in a large bowl and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to around 400°F and coat a mini muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk in the all-purpose flour, whole wheat pastry flour, sugar, salt, garlic powder and oregano.
- Next, pour the milk, egg, cheese, tomato paste and olive in the onion mixture.
- Using a spoon, make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients in this well, stirring to combine them together.
- When the batter is formed properly, fill in the muffin cups to about two-thirds.
- Place the muffin cups inside the oven and bake for around 13 to 15 minutes or until they are light brown in appearance.
- Serve the appetizers warm, at room temperature.
Main Dish (Game Hens with Brussels Sprouts & Chestnuts)
- 4 (1 to 1½ pound each) Cornish Game Hens
- 2 tsp Olive Oil (extra virgin)
- 2 tsp Butter
- 1 Red Onion ( peeled and cut into eight wedges through the roots)
- 2½ cups Jarred Roasted Chestnuts
- 2 tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 tbsp Fresh Thyme ( finely chopped)
- Mix pepper, salt and chopped thyme in a small bowl.
- Clean the game hens properly and remove any excess skin. Loosen the skin over the breast and thigh meat and smear the paste of thyme under the skin. Using a kitchen string, tie the legs of the hens together.
- In a large roasting pan, set over a medium flame, heat the butter and olive oil. Spread the game hens lightly over this pan and keep turning them occasionally, for around 10 to 12 minutes, till all the sides are nice and brown.
- Preheat the oven to about 375°F and transfer a pan containing the chopped onions to the oven and roast for around 10 minutes. Next, add in the sprouts and continue to roast for another 20 minutes.
- Stir in the chestnuts and the thyme mixture in the pan and continue roasting for about 10 to 15 minutes, at around 165°F.
- In a large cutting board, allow the game hens to rest for about 10 minutes. Again place the pan over a medium flame burner and toss in the vegetables, along with vinegar. Once done, slice the game hens in the middle, through the breast side and serve along with the vegetables.
Comment On This Article