Best New Year brunch recipes should be high on nutrition and filling as well. With this article, check out the popular brunch recipes for New Year.
New Year Brunch Recipes
Brunch is a heavy meal that is a combination of breakfast and lunch. This is often served to take the place of both lunch and breakfast. Thus, the meal should be highly nutritious and provide you enough energy to sustain you for a long time. Very often, people prepare such meals during festive occasions and holidays, as they tend to have late meals during such days. New Year is yet another event on which brunch meals are very common. While preparing these meals, you should take care that they should be very healthy and at the same time filling. Given below are some of the best brunch recipes for New Year, listed just for you.
Best New Year Brunch Recipes
Blueberry French Toast
- 1 pound (or 1 loaf) Italian Bread (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 13 Eggs
- 2¼ cups Milk
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese (diced)
- 1¼ cup White Sugar
- 1¼ Water
- 1 cup Blueberries
- 1/3 cup Maple Syrup
- 2 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1½ tbsp Butter
- Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan lightly with butter.
- Spread half of the bread cubes in the bottom of this pan and sprinkle some cream cheese on top of the cubes.
- Over the cheese add a layer of blueberries and the remaining bread slices.
- Next, in a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and syrup together. Pour this mixture over the bread cubes, cover the pan and refrigerate for one night.
- Remove the pan from refrigerator the next morning, about 30 minutes before baking.
- Preheat the oven to around 350° F or 175° C.
- Using an aluminum foil, cover the pan and bake in the oven for about 30 minutes or until a golden brown color is achieved.
- For the sauce, stir some sugar, cornstarch and water together in a pan and boil over medium heat, for around 3 minutes. Make sure to stir continuously while making the sauce.
- Next, add the blueberries, reduce the heat and continue to simmer for 8 to 10 minutes. Once the berries have burst, add in the butter and serve the sauce hot, with the French toast.
Cheesy Ham and Hash Brown Casserole
- 8 ounces Ham (cooked and diced)
- 34 ounce Hash Brown Potatoes (frozen)
- 14 ounce Sour Cream
- 2½ cans Condensed Cream of Potato Soup
- 2½ cups Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- 2 cups Parmesan Cheese (grated)
- Lightly grease a 9x13 baking dish with some oil or butter.
- Preheat the oven to around 190°C OR 375°F.
- In a huge mixing bowl, add the ham, sour cream, cream of potato soup, Cheddar cheese and hash browns.
- Once, a smooth paste is formed, spread this evenly over the prepared dish and then sprinkle some Parmesan cheese on top.
- Place the entire tray in the preheated oven and bake until the dish has gained a mild brown color. Once done, remove from oven and serve hot.