Aloo Pulao is a dish specially prepared during the Navratri fast. Read the recipe given here to know the method of preparing Aloo Pulao.
India is a land of festivals and festivals are incomplete without mouth watering dishes. Navratri is one of the festivals celebrated with a variety of dishes. As some people keep fast on this nine days festival, there are specific recipes which are made only with the ingredients used in the fast. Aloo is one such ingredient which is commonly used in the recipes for Navratri fasts. Below we have given special recipe for aloo pulao, which you can prepare during Navratri fasts. It is very easy to make and delicious to taste.
Aloo Pulao Recipe
- 1 cup Samwat Rice (also known as Parsai ke chaawal)
- 2 tbsp. Ghee
- 1 tsp. Cumin Seeds
- 2 Cloves
- A tiny piece of Cinnamon
- 2 green Cardamoms
- 1 large Potato (diced in small pieces)
- 2 tsp. Rock Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Red Chili Powder
- 3 cup Water
- Green Coriander to garnish
- Heat ghee in a pan
- Add cumin seeds, cloves, cardamom and cinnamon to the oil
- When they give off fragrance, add potato and rice
- Stir-fry to a light brown color
- Add rock salt, chilli powder and water
- Cover the pan and let it simmer on low flame for about 15 minutes.
- Garnish with green coriander
- Serve hot, with cold curd.
Comment On This Article