Treat yourself with some scrumptious and tasty kurmura ladoo on the occasion of Lohri. Check out the recipe of puffed rice ladoo in this article.
Lohri is celebrated on the 13th of January each year, marking the culmination of winter. It is mainly the festival of Punjabis, but is celebrated in Haryana, Delhi and Himachal Pradesh as well. The biting cold of winters begins to taper of after Lohri. Traditional snacks are made on this day apart from the dinner. They include gajak, dry fruit chikki, ganne ki kheer, pinnie, coconut chikki and kurmura ladoo. Kurmura ladoo is a popular sweet on Lohri and is prepared from puffed rice and jaggery. The richness of peanuts, coconut and cardamom present in this delicious sweet snack can be smelled instantly while cooking. Enjoy the ladoos with this easy and simple recipe.
Recipe For Kurmura Ladoo
- ½ lb Puffed Rice (murmura, churmura)
- ½ lb Jaggery
- ½ cup Peanuts, roasted
- ½ cup Dry Coconut Flakes
- A few Cardamoms, powdered
- Place jaggery in a large cooking pan and add enough water to immerse the jaggery.
- Boil the mixture till it forms a thick consistency.
- Pour a few drops of the consistency into water to check the syrup’s consistency. If it becomes hard, the consistency is correct.
- Add in the puffed rice, roasted peanuts, dry coconut flakes and cardamom powder and mix well till the jaggery covers the added ingredients.
- Remove from heat and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Greases your palms with oil or ghee and roll the preparation into medium-sized balls.
Comment On This Article