Serve your family and friends with the goodness of dry fruits on this Lohri. Scroll the article to learn the recipe of dry fruit chikki.
Dry Fruit Chikki
Lohri is celebrated in the states of Punjab, Haryana, Delhi and parts of Himachal Pradesh. The harvest festival of Lohri is celebrated on the 13th of January each year. Celebrated with great joy and fervor, people prepare a variety of traditional foods on this festival. People enjoy the food and sweets to the fullest. Sweets are more popular on this day as compared to the main course dishes. Dry fruit chikki is one such snack that is common on Lohri. This snack is prepared from jaggery and is enriched with various dry fruits like almonds, pistas and cashew nuts. Prepare the dry fruit chikki and serve your near and dear ones this rich and delicious sweet delicacy.
Recipe For Dry Fruit Chikki
- 1 cup Almonds (Badam), chopped
- 1 cup Pistachios, chopped
- 1 cup Cashew Nuts (Kaju), chopped
- ¼ cup Jaggery, grated
- 2-3 strands of Kesar, soaked in Milk
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- Grate the jaggery.
- Place kadai on low flame and heat two tablespoons of ghee.
- Add the jaggery and mix well making it into a fine paste.
- Add chopped almonds, pistachios, cashew nuts and soaked kesar and blend well until the mixture starts leaving the sides of the kadai.
- Remove from heat. Spread a little ghee on a tray and pour the prepared dry fruit mixture in an evenly manner.
- Let the mixture cool and finally cut into pieces.
Comment On This Article