Ragada patties make one of the most delicious dishes that you can prepare on festive occasions. With the recipe, know how to make ragada patty.
Ragada patties, if prepared properly, are known to form a complete meal. They require very less cooking time, especially if everything is planned in advance. They can also be said to make one of those tasty chaat dishes that are exploding with flavor. Ragada patty is a nutritious dish that is very simple to make. When garnished with chopped coriander, onions and chutney on top, you can be sure that eating it would make an experience, simply irresistible. If you can not resist the recipe and want to try it out, what are you waiting for? Given below are the ingredients required and the method needed to make it. Go through them and know how to make ragada patty.
Ragada Patties Recipe
- 1 1/2 cup Dehydrated White Peas, soaked overnight
- 3 cup Water (saved from the boiled peas)
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 3 Green Chilies
- 1 tbsp Chopped Coriander
- 1 tbsp Chopped Mint
- 1/4 tsp Black Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 4 Potatoes, boiled, peeled, mashed
- 1/4 cup Semolina (rava)
- 1/2 cup Bread Crumbs
- 8-10 Green Chilies, crushed fine
- 1 tsp Ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- Salt to taste
- Oil, to shallow fry patties.
- Wash and pressure cook peas in water till well done.
- Cool 3 tbsp. peas for blend.
- Blend together cooled peas, green chilies, mint, coriander
- Heat oil, add paste. Fry for a minute.
- Add dry masala and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add peas, water and bring to boil.
- Summer for 7-8 minutes till gravy thickens.
- Mix all ingredients well with hand. Knead lightly.
- With the help of greased hands form 12-14 round flat 1/2" thick 2" patties, (use mould if you want any other shapes, eg. hearts, diamonds, etc.)
- Roast few at a time on a greased hot griddle.
- Turn once to roast other side, making them crisp and golden brown. Keep aside.
- Place two patties on a plate and serve ragada on side. Now garnish with chopped onions and coriander leaves and sev if it is available at home. Place a small lemon slice.
- You can also serve by breaking the patties into bite-size pieces and pour the ragada on top and garnish with chopped onions and coriander leaves and sev.
Comment On This Article