Poori bhaji is very popular dish, which shows its presence on karwa chauth. Go through this recipe and know how to make delicious puri bhaji.
Poori Bhaji is a very famous dish that can be found gracing an Indian meal on almost all festive occasions. Be it a puja, party, picnic, family gathering or a holiday afternoon, poori bhaji marks its presence on each and every occasion. It is the popular Indian meal served with spicy potato vegetable. It is not only very delicious, but also quite simple to make. No one can resist the temptation of eating tasty poori bhaji. If you also want to enjoy having this dish at home, just have a look at the method and ingredients required for making Poori Bhaji, as given in the recipe below. Read on know how to make puri bhaji.
Poori Bhaji Recipe
- 2 cup Wheat Flour
- 2 tbsp Curd
- Water, to knead dough
- Salt (according to taste)
- Oil, to deep fry
- 2 Potatoes, boiled, peeled and sliced
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 Green Chilies, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Ginger, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Crushed Garlic
- 3-4 pinches Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp. Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Coriander, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- Mix curd in the flour and add salt. Knead soft pliable dough with water. Keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Divide dough into 10-12 parts, shape into balls. Roll each into 4 rounds with the help of some oil or dough.
- Heat oil in a deep pan, fry on both sides till light brown. Drain the oil on a kitchen paper. Serve hot with Bhaji.
- Heat oil in a pan, add the seeds and allow it to splutter. Add ginger, garlic, chili and onion and stir it till the onion is tender.
- Add potatoes, salt, turmeric and lemon juice. Stir well and cook for a minute or two. Transfer to bowl, garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Serve hot with pooris.
Comment On This Article