Batatyachi kachori is prepared on Karwa Chauth, to add spice to the festival. With this recipe, know how to make batatyachi kachori.
India is a land of festivals and celebrations. These festivals are incomplete without varieties of food. Karwa chauth is a festival dedicated to the long life of husband and holds an important place in the heart of Indian women. In order to make it more special, the food should also be appropriate. This way, everyone will be able to enjoy the festival to a full extent. Batatyachi kachori is one of the numerous dishes that are prepared on karwa chauth. It is very delicious and sounds like just the dish to have after the fast. Given below is the recipe for Batatyachi Kachori. Read on and know how to make the dish.
Batatyachi Kachori Recipe
- 1/2 kg Potatoes
- 100 grams Arrowroot
- 1 grated Coconut
- 2-3 Green Chilies
- 1 tsp Cardamom Seeds
- 1-2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1-2 tsp Sugar
- Salt (according to taste)
- Boil and mash the potatoes. Knead into firm dough along with 50 grams arrowroot and salt for the outer covering of the Kachori.
- Mix the grated coconut with crushed green chilies, sugar, lemon, cardamom and salt for the filling mixture.
- Now take a small portion of the dough and pat between palms to make a small puri.
- After that fill it with coconut mixture and form into a ball. Repeat the process for the rest.
- Roll the balls in the remaining arrowroot and deep fry in hot oil till it becomes golden brown in colour. Serve hot with chutney.
Comment On This Article