Aloo Dahi Wale is very delicious chaat that one can enjoy having on karwa chauth. Read the recipe to learn how to make this dish.
Aloo Dahi Wale
People love to eat chaats and when you can prepare it at home; there can certainly be no other better option. Aloo dahi wale is no exception to this, being liked by most of us. The dish requires little preparation work and has a finger licking taste. It can be prepared anytime, with most of the ingredients easily available at home. Moreover, aloo dahi wale becomes an ideal dish after a fast of any kind. Given below are the details about the ingredients as well as the method of preparation of delicious aloo dahi wale. Go through them and know how to make the dish.
Aloo Dahi Wale Recipe
- 500 gm Potatoes, boiled and peeled
- 1 tbsp Ginger, finely sliced
- 1 pinch of Asafoetida
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 cup Yoghurt
- 3-4 Green Chilies, slit
- 2 tbsp Clarified Butter
- 1 tbsp Coriander Leaves, chopped
- Break the potatoes, by holding each in the palm of your hand and closing the fist. Keep these unevenly broken potatoes aside until further use.
- Heat the ghee, add cumin and asafoetida. When the cumin splutters, add ginger and sauté till slightly fried.
- Lower the flame and add 1 tbsp yoghurt at a time, stir vigorously until all of it is well blended.
- Add garam masala, coriander, salt, turmeric and chili powder. Stir a few times until it mixes properly.
- Add potatoes and green chilies; turn around over high heat, until they look slightly fried.
- Add about 2 cups water, bring the mixture to a boil, and then simmer uncovered for about 15 minutes.
- Serve hot, garnished with coriander leaves.
Comment On This Article