Kalakand is an extremely scrumptious sweet dish, prepared from milk. With this recipe, know how to make kalakand.
On the occasion of Janmashtami (Lord Krishna’s birthday), the devotees of Lord Krisha prepare umpteen number of scrumptious recipes. Most of these recipes are generally sweets and dairy items. It is because Lord Krishna relished on the dairy products. These sumptuous foods are then offered to Lord Krishna on the midnight celebrations of the festival. It is called the ceremony of ‘bhog’. One of the most popular sweets prepared on this occasion is ‘Kalakand’. Made of milk and sugar, it is a mouthwatering recipe. It is very easy to prepare and does not take long time. If you want to know how to make kalakand this Janmashtami, the recipe is given below.
- 2 liters Milk
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup Sugar
- Chopped Nuts, to decorate (pistachios, almonds, etc)
- Silver Foil (optional)
- 1/2 tsp Citric acid, dissolved in 1/2 cup water
- Boil half the milk and add the citric solution as it comes to boil.
- Switch off gas. Once the chenna settles sieve through muslin cloth, press out excess water, take in a plate and press down. Do not knead.
- Put the remaining milk in a heavy pan and boil to half.
- Add the chenna and boil till the mixture thickens, stirring continuously.
- Add the sugar and continue to cook, stirring all the while till softly thickens in a lump.
- Set in a tray, apply silver foil and sprinkle the chopped nuts.
Comment On This Article