Parsi pora is a popular Parsi omelet prepared with different spices. Explore the article to know the recipe of how to make Parsi pora.
The Parsi New Year begins on the first day of the first month of Fasli calendar known as Jamshed Navroz. The New Year is called so since it marks the ascension of King Jamshed on this day. Therefore, the Zoroastrians have two reasons to celebrate this day. The New Year falls on 21st March every year which is also known as Vernal Equinox. The festival is observed with immense joy, fervor and magnificence throughout the world. Parsis are in love with delicacies and hence, food forms one of the main festivities. Parsi pora is a special Parsi delicacy prepared with a lot of spices to get an authentic taste. It is one of the favorite preparations for breakfasts on special occasions, Jamshed Navroz being one of them. To get the real festive feel, serve this marvelous Parsi pora with toasted or buttered bread. Scroll through the lines below to know the recipe of preparing Parsi pora/ omelet.
How To Make Parsi Pora
- 5-6 Eggs
- 3 medium Onions (finely chopped)
- 1 large Tomato (finely chopped)
- 2-3 Green Chilies (chopped)
- 1 cup Coriander Leaves (finely chopped)
- ½ tsp Dhana Jiru Powder (fresh coriander seeds & cumin seeds ground to form powder)
- 1 tsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
- Salt (to taste)
- ½ tsp Black Pepper (freshly grounded)
- ½ tsp Red Chili Powder
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder (optional)
- 2 tbsp Ghee/ White Oil
- Break the eggs in a large bowl and whisk lightly.
- Add onions, tomato, green chilies, coriander leaves, dhana jiru powder, ginger-garlic paste, salt, black pepper, red chili powder and turmeric powder. Mix well.
- Place a non-stick frying pan on stove and heat ghee.
- Add 1 or 2 drops of ghee on the sides of the pan.
- Pour a spoonful of the egg mixture into the pan.
- Tilt the pan carefully so that the mixture gets even and forms a perfect circle.
- Cover the pan and allow the egg to cook for about 2 to 3 minutes until the lower side turns light brown.
- Flip the omelet and cook on the other side.
- Remove and transfer to a serving plate.
- Repeat with the remaining egg mixture.
- Serve hot with bread or toast and tomato or mango chutney.
Comment On This Article