Chicken Farcha is a lip-smacking starter to Jamshed Navroz meal. Explore the article to know the recipe of how to make Chicken Farcha.
Jamshed Navroz is celebrated on the first day of the first month of the Zoroastrian year thereby marking the Zoroastrian New Year. Since the Parsis follow the Fasli calendar, their New Year falls on the Vernal Equinox, that is, 21st March. Apart from the celebration of the New Year, this festival also celebrates the enthronement of King Jamshed who introduced the solar calculation and the date when the sun enters the Aries constellation. The word Navroz has been derived from ‘nav’ which means ‘new’ and ‘roz’ which means ‘day’. The festival is observed in a grand and elaborate fashion with people offering prayers, exchanging greetings and preparing traditional delicacies. While serving your guests with Parsi food, do not miss out chicken farcha. A mouth-watering and scrumptious appetizer, chicken farcha makes a great starter and snack as well. Get to know the method of preparing chicken farcha by browsing through the lines herein.
How To Make Chicken Farcha
- 1 kg Chicken (cleaned, washed and cut into medium-sized pieces)
- 6 Garlic Cloves
- 2 inch piece fresh Ginger
- 4 tbsp fresh Coriander Leaves (washed and chopped)
- 6 Green Chilies (washed and slit)
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 small Onion (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tbsp Salad Oil
- 1 tsp All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- Breadcrumbs (to coat the chicken pieces)
- Oil (for deep frying)
- Place garlic, ginger, coriander leaves, green chilies, cumin seeds and onion in a food processor.
- Grind the ingredients to a fine paste.
- Remove into a large bowl.
- Add salad oil, flour and Worcestershire sauce. Mix well.
- Dip the chicken pieces into the paste and coat generously on all sides.
- Marinate the chicken pieces for about 8 hours.
- Beat the egg until fluffy.
- Dip each chicken piece into the egg.
- Transfer the dipped chicken pieces into bread crumbs and coat well.
- Heat oil in a large wok.
- Fry the chicken pieces in hot oil till they are cooked well and turn light brown on both sides.
- Remove and drain in paper towels.
- Serve hot chicken farcha and enjoy.
- 1 kg (2.2 lb) Chicken (cut into 8 pieces)
- 1 cup (300 g) Onion Paste
- 1 tbsp (18 g) Garlic Paste
- 1 tbsp (18 g) Ginger Paste
- 1 tbsp (15 g) Green Chili Paste
- 1 tbsp Garam Masala
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Vinegar
- Salt (to taste)
- Vegetable Oil (for deep frying)
- 2 Eggs (beaten)
- 1 cup (100 g) Refined Flour (Maida)
- 1 tbsp (12 g) Onion (sliced)
- 2 tbsp (8 g) Green Coriander Leaves
- 1 tbsp (4 g) Mint Leaves
- Prepare the marinade by mixing onion paste, garlic paste, ginger paste, green chili paste, garam masala, vinegar and salt.
- Coat the chicken pieces in the marinade and allow them to marinate for about one hour.
- Heat oil in a wok until medium hot.
- Dip the chicken pieces in egg and then into flour.
- Fry the chicken pieces till they turn golden in color.
- Remove them and drain on paper towels to remove excess oil.
- Garnish with onion, green coriander and mint leaves.
- Serve hot.
Comment On This Article