Read about homemade Halloween tombstones, how to
make tombs for Halloween at home and Halloween tombstone craft
Homemade Halloween Tombstones
Tombstones can really make your backyard look scary. They serve as powerful instruments, when it comes to creating something like a ‘House of Horrors’ for Halloween. For giving a graveyard setting to your party venue, tombstones are the perfect Halloween prop. However, buying tombstones can be really expensive. Instead, you can make them at home, using simple tools and easily available and inexpensive materials. Making tombstones at home can also be a great Halloween activity, which you can enjoy doing with your friends and family. Here is the way to make homemade Halloween tombstones:
How To Make Tomb For Halloween
- 4' Paint Roller
- 'Charcoal Pencil
- 'High Speed Rotary Tool
- 'Lamp Black Tint
- 'Large Metal Hooks
- 'Serrated Kitchen Knife
- 'Sheets of Styrofoam (thicker ones for thicker tombstones)
- 'Whisk Brush
- Water-based Latex Paint (white color)
- Draw a tombstone of desired shape on the Styrofoam using the charcoal pencil and the yardstick.
- Use the serrated kitchen knife to cut out the shapes of tombstones.
- Insert two large hooks into the bottom of the tombstone so that it can be hung upside-down on a clothesline or cord.
- Use the paint roller to apply the paint on the tombstone and be liberal in using the paint.
- Use a standard brush to smoothen the paint for the finishing touches and to remove any dripping paint, fill any dents in the foam and also the epitaph and designs carved on the foam.
- 'Let the paint dry overnight before applying a second coat of primer.
- Once the primer dries well, decorate the tombstone with decorative designs and write epitaphs on it.
- If you are using these homemade Halloween tombstone outdoors, cover them with a coat of clear, non-gloss sealant to make them weatherproof.
Comment On This Article