Know about tools for carving pumpkin, best tools
for making good Jack-O-Lanterns and Jack O Lantern tool tips.
Tools For Pumpkin Carving
Right tools make pumpkin carving much easier and help you make better Jack-O-Lanterns. In fact, there is a complete kit available in stores just for the purpose of carving pumpkin. However, you can even manage with some necessary equipment and need not buy the entire kit, if you wish so. For easy and efficient pumpkin carving, the tools should be sharp, flexible, sturdy and thin. A long thin- edged knife is needed to cut the top hole and large pieces from the face of the pumpkin and a small, very thin and sharp-edged paring knife is best for carving out the details. You can sharpen your knives, before you start carving your pumpkins on Halloween. Here are some other tools you will need for pumpkin carving:
Best Tools For Making Good Jack-O-Lanterns
- Cutting saw or an X-Acto knife with a keyhole saw helps you to carve fine and detailed work on Jack O' Lanterns.
- If you are using paper tools, you can use an ice pick, nail or Stylus tool used by the artists as the poker tool, to transfer the designs from the paper to the surface of the pumpkin.
- You may need grease pencils to mark your designs or shapes on the pumpkin, if you like to carve your pumpkins freehand. It is important so that you get exactly what you have in mind, as the outcome.
- Stencils, templates or pumpkin carving patterns are easily available in all stores on Halloween or can be downloaded from Internet too.
- Spoons of different sizes, ice-cream scoop and large metal ladle can be used to hollow out the pumpkin, remove its seeds and pulp from the inside and scrape its inner surface.
- You can even find orange-colored tool boxes for Halloween at stores, complete with all the tools you will need for pumpkin carving, templates and candles.
Power Tools For Pumpkin Carving
You have the option of using power tools for carving your lovely Jack-O'-Lanterns. Battery powered pumpkin carver, cordless pumpkin carving tool and pumpkin carving saw are some of the power tools that will make the carving pretty easy for you. With these tools, you can comfortably carve intricate patterns on pumpkins, in a very less time. Consider your budget before zeroing in on any of the power tools.
Maintenance Of Tools
Take good care of your tools and always clean them after use, to make them usable for many more Halloweens to come. If a specific tool requires professional maintenance (power tools may ask for maintenance), get it serviced on a regular basis. Carving blades and knives need to be very thin, flexible and brittle, so you will have to be careful while using them. Make sure that they do not break or get bent while working.
Comment On This Article