Good Friday tradition follows eating of sea foods and desserts. Read on to explore some easy and quick recipes for Good Friday.
Good Friday Recipes
Great food, good friends and tall glasses of wine - all this is a part of any occasion these days. Good Friday is one festival that is celebrated all round the globe, by the Christian community. As per the Catholic Church, people observe a fast on this day, which is also understood as having just one meal a day. And that one meal has to be special in all ways possible. In case you need any help, we have listed two very tasty and quick to make Good Friday recipes, in the lines below. So, get ready to learn how to make an Italian Zucchini Carpaccio with garlic crostini and a tasty floral raspberry cake to fill your appetite.
Easy Good Friday Recipes
Zucchini Carpaccio with Garlic Crostini
- 3 large Zucchini
- 2 tsp Lemon Rind (finely grated)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup fresh Mint Leaves (torn)
- 30g (1/3 cup) Pecorino (shaved)
- Garlic Crostini
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Garlic Clove (crushed)
- 1 Baguette (thinly sliced diagonally)
- Preheat the oven to 200 degree Celsius.
- Take bowl and mix oil and garlic paste in it.
- Take baguette slices and brush both sides with the oil mixture.
- Put the slices in the oven for 10 minutes. Turn the slices once.
- Take out the golden crisp, garlic crostini slices and allow cooling for some time.
- Now, take a peeler to thinly slice the Zucchini lengthways. Arrange them on the serving platter.
- Sprinkle some lemon rind on zucchini and season it with salt and pepper.
- Add some oil and sprinkle with mint and pecorino as well.
- Zucchini carpaccio is ready. Serve it hot with the garlic crostini.
Floral Raspberry Cake
- 1 baked Angel Food Cake (torn into pieces)
- 2 cups Whipping Cream
- 2 tbsp Sugar (granulated)
- 1 (6 ounce) package Gelatin (raspberry-flavored)
- Dash of Salt
- 2½ cups Water (boiling)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen Red Raspberries (thawed)
- Dissolve gelatin and salt in boiling water. Add in raspberries and chill, until set partially.
- Beat whipping cream and sugar, until the formation of a stiff mixture.
- Whip gelatin-raspberry mixture, until fluffy and add in whipped cream.
- Spoon a small portion of raspberry mixture into the bottom of an oiled or sprayed angel food cake pan.
- Add a layer of cake pieces and continue to layer, until the pan is full.
- Cover and refrigerate the cake for 6 hours.
Comment On This Article