Read on to know how to make apricot squares
cookie recepie. Read about apricot squares cookie receipe.
Apricot Squares Cookie Recipe
Easter is known for its grand celebration and delightful feasting. There are several kinds of traditional recipes prepared on this occasion. The menu ranges from smoked lamb to chocolate eggs. Cookies are one of the vital things on the Easter menu in any Christian home. Children fancy these cookies a lot. Therefore, several kinds of cookies are prepared on this occasion. Apricot Squares Cookie Recipe is one of the most popular kinds of Easter cookie. It is not very difficult to make but luscious to taste. We have given here the recipe of Apricot Squares Cookie Recipe. Follow the instructions given below to make a scrumptious cookie.
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 Egg, well beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 clove
- 2 tablespoon milk
- 3/4 cup apricot preserves
- Take about 1/2 cup shortening and cream it.
- Add on sugar to it and continue creaming till it becomes fluffy.
- Add eggs and lemon juice and beat them well.
- Take a bowl and put all the dry ingredients in it for sifting with milk.
- Take a well-greased pan and spread the batter prepared but only half the quantity.
- Add on apricot preserves to it for covering purpose.
- Put the remaining half batter into it.
- Bake the batter for nearly half an hour at a temperature of 400 degrees.
- When the color of the mixture has turned golden, take it out from the oven for cooling it. Once the batter has cooled down, cut them in the shape of squares.
Comment On This Article