Cookies prepared for Easter are often shaped like bunny. Explore the article to get the recipe of special bunny cookies.
Special Bunny Cookies
Bunnies and Easter have a deep connection. Be it an Easter craft, Easter Game, Easter folklores or Easter recipes, you will find bunnies everywhere. Special Bunny Cookies is one such interesting recipe that is meant to enhance the feel of Easter. Extremely delicious to taste and interesting to look at, it is a traditional Easter recipe, that you find in every Christian home on the Easter day. If you are also interested in making this Easter special recipe at your home, you will be happy to know that it is not very difficult to make. Read and follow the instructions given below and you will end up making a tasty snack.
- 3 cups All purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 -1/2 teaspoon Ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Solid vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup Molasses
- 1 -1/2 teaspoon Cider vinegar
- Sift together flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, cloves and salt onto waxed paper.
- Beat together shortening, sugar and egg in a large bowl with electric mixer until fluffy, for about 3 minutes.
- Beat in the molasses and cider vinegar.
- Stir in flour mixture until blended and smooth.
- Gather dough into ball; wrap and chill for several hours. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Divide dough in half.
- Roll out half of the dough with lightly floured surface to generous 1/8-inch thickness.
- Keep remainder of dough refrigerated while working with first half.
- To use a bunny pattern, draw a pattern onto a piece of cardboard. Make sure ears are attached to the head. Cut out pattern.
- Place pattern on dough and trace with a toothpick.
- Cut out cookies.
- Place 1 inch apart on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Re-roll scraps, using up all the dough.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake in preheated 375-degree oven for 5-7 minutes or until firm.
- Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- Use Decorator Icing to tint portions, if you wish.
- Decorate cookies as desired.
- Let cookies stand until icing is firm.
- Store in airtight container between sheets of waxed paper for up to 2 weeks.
Comment On This Article