Enhance the beauty and charm of your Christmas tree by topping it up with a distinctive tree topper. Find ideas for Christmas tree toppers, herein.
Christmas Tree Topper
It's that time of the year again when people wrap up all their work and begin preparing for the most important festival of the year - Christmas. Yup, it's holiday season again and time for lots of fun, music, gifts, decorations, and feasts. Christmas is a holy festival, celebrated by the Christian community, by and large, though people across all religions have started engaging themselves in the festivities of this blissful and pious occasion. Observed on 25th December every year, Christmas marks the birth anniversary of Jesus Christ. One can witness the best of traditions and customs during this holiday season. Christmas carols, hymns, pound cakes, special meals, church masses, and exchange of greetings and gifts form the major customs of the occasion. And not to forget, the Christmas tree is the major element of Christmas which cannot be given even a bit miss.
Right from classic to eclectic, you have a number of options for selecting Christmas tree toppers. But, traditionally, it is an angel, a Santa, or a star that is dotted on the crown of the Christmas tree to complete the ensemble. Nevertheless, with changing times, people are open for other alternatives as well that can further enhance the beauty of their well decorated Christmas tree. Though some people wish to use heirloom toppers every year, others opt for giving the tree a unique and different feel each year. As such, markets, too, have started coming up with a plethora of tree toppers to suit the tastes and needs of every kind of customer to create a one-of-a-kind look. Options are aplenty. Just scroll through the lines below and make your best choice.
Ideas For Christmas Tree Toppers
- For a glistening version of the erstwhile star tree toppers, use pearls to create a star topper that will be as sparkling as the entire Christmas tree. Simply take five strands of pearls and twist them around a 3-inch foam circle to create a 5-point star. Stick the pearl springs to the foam using glue. Cut out some pearls from extra sprigs and glue them to the center to achieve the perfect ‘star' shape.
- Infuse a burst of color into your Christmas tree with a colorful and vibrant tree topper. Insert narrow sticks into a foam ball and spray paint it with any color of your choice. Allow the paint to dry and spray some spray adhesive. Complete it by sprinkling some glitter.
- For a more glamorous effect, make a tree topper with peacock feathers. These feathers, when swirled, will top the Christmas tree in unique style. Arrange some feathers in your hand and wire them together, leaving some wire to secure the bunch on the top of the tree. After you are done, simply fan out the feathers as you desire and voila! You have a fanciful feathered tree topper.
- Use sparkling, decorative ribbons to make a stunning tree topper. Pick up wired ribbon that can be easily manipulated. However, the width of the ribbon should be chosen according to the size of the tree. Use 1-inch ribbon for a small tree, while 2 or 3 inches ribbon would be perfect for a large tree. Create multi-looped bow and tie it around the tree top, allowing the ribbons to drape down the branches. For a wavy appearance, curve the wire in the ends of the ribbon gently.
- For a traditional choice, you can go for Santa Claus and angel themed tree topper. Get a porcelain Santa Claus and place it strategically at the top of the tree. Make sure that the colors used in the idol are bright enough to be visible. In case you are going for the angel-themed tree topper, select the angel statue that holds poise and looks subtle yet elegant.
- Nothing can match the spirit of the occasion more than the presence of a cross with Jesus Christ on it. Complete the look of your beautifully festooned Christmas tree with the cross. It would not only add to the religious sentiments of the occasion, but remind people of the greatness of the Almighty.
Comment On This Article