Gift exchange for Christmas is a great way to get
your favorite gift. Check out Christmas gift exchange ideas.
Christmas Gift Exchange
Celebration of Christmas is incomplete without the exchange of gifts. This custom, which is followed since ages, makes the festival livelier and cheerful. Christmas exchange gift games are usually played during the holiday season, in which family members, friends and relatives gather to bestow presents upon each other. It may seem difficult to gratify everyone within your budget. However, with tactful planning, you will be able to exchange Christmas gifts with almost everyone, without burning a hole in your pocket. If you want to get some ideas for your Christmas gift exchange, then go through the following lines.
Christmas Gift Exchange Ideas
- Some of the most common items chosen for Christmas gift exchange are travel alarm clock, picture frame, makeup bag, jewelry box, scarf, hat, gloves, stockings, calendar with pictures of sports cars, deck of fancy cards, small box of chocolates, candy canes, Christmas ball ornaments, homemade cocoa mix in a pet jar, scented candle, gourmet coffee and fancy travel mug.
- Request every guest to bring a gift each. Tell them to find funny or useful gifts at dollar stores or give them a broad idea about the price range, within which they should purchase the presents. This would help them a great deal in arriving at the best presents for Christmas exchange.
- Arrange the gifts in a pile and ask the guests to sit in a circle around the presents. To make the gift exchange interesting, ask a person from the group to open his/her present. The next person may either pick the opened gift or choose one from the pile. Set a condition that each person gets only three chances to 'steal' the opened gifts. This way, people may end up receiving the gift they actually like.
- You can also arrange for a Christmas trivia questionnaire session during the gift exchange. Keep a condition that everyone should answer a trivia question in order to pick his or her gift. To spice up the game, ask your guests to 'steal' the gifts from those, who answer incorrectly.
- Have a person from the group to read out a Christmas-based story. Ask others to sit in a circle and pass on the gifts. When the story is over, everyone gets the gifts he/she is holding. This way, you will keep up the spirit of Christmas gift exchange and ensure that everyone has received the gifts!
- Lucky draw is another bright idea for Christmas gift exchange. Number the gifts and write the numbers in small pieces of paper. Put the papers inside a hat. Ask everyone to pick out a number of the hat, to determine which gift he or she will receive.
Comment On This Article