Andy Park is popularly known by the name Mr. Christmas. Learn more about Andy Park or Mr. Christmas in the following article.
An electrician from Melksham in Wiltshire, England, Andy Park came to limelight as Mr. Christmas when he claimed that he has been celebrating Christmas, on a daily basis, since July 1993. Andy Park began celebrating Christmas every day after he was struck with bouts of sadness. He thought that he had a choice or an option to be happy and decided not to be swayed by the daily grinds of stress. To put an end to this feeling of sadness, he made an unusual choice of celebrating Christmas daily. He thus started his daily Christmas celebration by, first hanging all the Christmas decorations, then preparing Christmas dishes for dinner and relaxing with a glass of sherry to drink. This lifted his spirits, from then onwards he started celebrating Christmas every day. He became well known to people for being the only man in the world to have celebrated Christmas on daily basis and earned the title of 'Mr. Christmas' for this feat.
Given below are some interesting facts about Andy Park aka Mr. Christmas.
- According to Andy Park, he wakes up each day to celebrate Christmas and starts his day by eating breakfast that includes mince pies and turkey sandwich. He leaves for work and returns home to a Christmas lunch of roasted turkey, watches the video of Christmas speech delivered by Queen and ends the day with a Christmas dinner of roast turkey and a glass of Sherry.
- In an interview given in 2006, Andy Park stated that he consumed over 87,600 mince pies, 4,380 turkeys, 26,280 roast potatoes, 2,190 pints of gravy, 219,000 mushy peas, 30,660 stuffing balls, 4,380 bottles of sherry, 4,380 bottles of champagne and 5,000 bottles of wine in his 13 years of Christmas Celebrations.
- In 2001, Andy Park steadily put on weight to reach 120 kg and was cautioned by his doctor to refrain from heavy diets that were affecting his health.
- He also stated that he does not celebrate Christmas on 25th of December.
- In 2005, he came up with single titled "It's Christmas Every Day" featuring Mike Read. The album was produced by Andy Whitmore.
- According to the media reports, much of the information presented by Andy Park had no truth and was made up to generate publicity for the single.
- He appeared on many radio and TV programs. On 28 August 2009, Andy Park made an appearance on Ken Bruce's BBC Radio 2 quiz Pop Master as a contestant. However, he lost the contest.
- He appeared as a guest on Ian Collins' Late Show in 2009 where he discussed his unique lifestyle at length.
- In his latest appearance, on The JVS Show BBC Three Counties Radio on December 23rd 2011, Andy Park confirmed that he is still continuing his spirit of celebrating Christmas on daily basis.
Despite media speculation about Andy's claim, one thing that stands out about him is the spirit of Celebrating Christmas every day and living life fully and blissfully.
Comment On This Article