Duck, duck, goose is a classic children’s game that is easy to play. Check out this article to know how to play duck, duck, goose game.
Duck, Duck, Goose Game
Children’s Day is celebrated on 14th November which marks the birthday of independent India’s first Prime Minister, Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru. Nehru was very fond of children and was called Chacha Nehru by the kids out of affection and respect. The festival is celebrated all across India with great enthusiasm and magnificence. Different activities and events are arranged for the kids on this occasion. A number of games are also organized to entertain children. Duck, duck, goose is a classic racing game that keeps the kids engaged. The best part about this game is that it can be played in the playground in schools and in parties as well. The game is best played with more players. The more number of players, the more the fun! Scroll through the following lines to find out how to play the duck, duck, goose game.
How To Play Duck, Duck, Goose Game
- Get all the players to sit in a circle facing inwards.
- A person is selected to become the “It” or “picker”.
- The picker walks around the outside of the circle while tapping each player’s head lightly on his way speaking out “Duck”.
- All the players who have been designated as “Duck” remain seated.
- When the picker taps a person as “Goose”, he stands up and chases the picker.
- The picker has to outrun the Goose and reach the seat wherein the goose was sitting. He has to sit down before the Goose tags upon him.
- If the picker succeeds in sitting at the Goose’s place, the Goose becomes the new It or picker.
- However, if the Goose touches the picker before he reaches the Goose’s place, the picker now has to sit in the center of the circle.
- The person will have to remain seated in the middle of the circle until another picker is tagged in the same manner.
- If someone succeeds in tagging another picker, he takes up the position in the center of the circle and the previous one gets back to his place.
- The game continues till the players wish to play.
Comment On This Article