Dress-up relay is a fast-paced relay race and a great game to play on Children’s Day. Explore this article to know how to play dress-up relay.
A day to celebrate childhood, Children’s Day is celebrated on 14th November every year in India. This national festival marks the birthday of our country’s first Prime Minister, Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru. Nehru loved kids, thus, this day is celebrated as a tribute for his love and passion for children. Nehru always wanted children to get educated and grow up to develop our motherland. Marked with honor and magnificence, the day is filled with different activities. Various games are organized in schools and Children’s Day parties. One game that you can add on is dress-up relay. This relay game combines two different activities, that of dressing up and racing. To know how to play this exciting and fun-filled game, browse through the following lines.
How To Play Dress-Up Relay
- Two Suitcases/ Boxes
- Dress-up Clothes (hats, scarves, jackets, skirts, pants, boots, and so on)
How to Play
- Fill equal number of clothing in each of the two suitcases or boxes.
- Make sure that the clothes are big enough to fit each player.
- Keep the suitcases at one end of the room.
- Divide the players into two teams of equal members.
- In case there are odd number of players, let one player from that team take two turns while playing.
- Ask the teams to form a single line at the other end of the room, that is, opposite to the suitcases.
- On hearing the word ‘Go’, the first player from each team runs to one of the suitcases and puts on all the clothes in the suitcase. The player has to don the clothes over the clothes he is already wearing.
- Make sure that the buttons, zippers, and so on are proper well in advance of the game.
- After the player has dressed himself completely, he will then remove the clothes that he just dressed himself in quickly.
- The clothes, so removed, should be put back in the suitcase.
- The player then runs back to his team and touches the hand of the second player.
- Likewise, all the players take turns to dress and undress thus completing the task.
- The team to finish the task first wins the game.
Comment On This Article