Lamb korma is one of the favorite choices on the festival of Bakra Eid. Learn the recipe for how to make lamb korma.
The holy festival of Bakra Eid commemorates the sacrifice of Prophet Ibrahim who agreed to sacrifice his son at Godís behest. The day calls upon thanking God by slaughtering a domestic animal and distributing and consuming it. Hence, preparing luscious and yummy delicacies is one of the main attractions of the festive duration. Korma is a mild, creamy curry prepared by marinating the main ingredient in yogurt, spices, nuts and others. Cooked in its own marinade along with other gravy contents, it makes an appetizing and succulent dish for the festive season. There are many variations to korma as it can be prepared with different meats, such as goat, lamb, camel, chicken, beef and others. Here, we have provided you with preparing lamb korma on this occasion of Bakra Eid. Read on further to know the recipes for making lamb korma.
How To Make Lamb Korma
- ¼ cup Almonds/ Cashews (toasted)
- 6 cloves Garlic
- 2 tbsp Ginger (minced)
- ¼ cup Water
- 2 pounds Stewing Lamb (cubed)
- ¼ cup Oil
- 4-6 whole Cloves
- 1 inch stick Cinnamon
- 5 Cardamom Pods
- 2 Onions (finely chopped)
- 1¼ cups Heavy Cream
- Water (as needed)
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1-2 tsp Garam Masala
- Combine almonds or cashews, garlic, ginger and water in a food processor.
- Process the mixture to a puree and transfer it into a large bowl.
- Add the lamb cubes and marinate them for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Heat oil in a large skillet on medium-high flame.
- Add cloves, cinnamon and cardamom. Toast for about 30 seconds.
- Add onions and sauté for about 4 to5 minutes, till they start browning.
- Add in the meat along with its marinade. Sauté for 5 to 7 minutes till the meat turns brown and the liquid is reduced.
- Add heavy cream and enough water to form gravy.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Boil the mixture and reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 1 to 1½ hours till the meat turns tender.
- Remove any excess fat from the top of the mixture.
- Add garam masala as the final touch.
- Serve hot.
- 2½ lb Lamb (cut into pieces)
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- ½ oz Ginger
- 2 cups cold Water
- 2 large Onions (finely chopped)
- ¼ lb Butter/ Ghee
- ½ cup Yogurt
- 2 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 tbsp Coriander Powder
- 2 Cloves
- 2 Cardamoms
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 small stick Cinnamon
- Cayenne Powder (to taste, the more the merrier)
- Salt (to taste)
- Mince garlic and ginger in a large bowl and add cold water.
- Heat half the butter in a large stockpot and add onions.
- Sauté till the onions turn transparent.
- Add yogurt, tomato paste, coriander powder, cloves, cardamoms, turmeric, cumin, cinnamon and salt. Stir well.
- Heat the remaining butter in another saucepan and sauté lamb pieces till they turn golden.
- Add the spice mixture and some of the ginger-garlic infusion to the lamb. Stir and cover the pan.
- Simmer the mixture till the meat turns tender.
- Add the remaining ginger-garlic water as required.
- Serve hot with naan or steamed rice.
Comment On This Article