The recipe of Til Ki Gajak is very easy to follow, as it requires very less ingredients. Learn how to make Til Ki Gajak by going through the article.
Til Ki Gajak
India is famous for its wide variety of sweet dishes.
Each region is famous for its indigenous dishes. Talking about the
northern part of the country, there is a rich tradition of preparing
sweets that are confined to the particular festivals. Til ke gajak is
one such recipe, which is relished on festivals like Baisakhi and Lohri.
Made of sesame seeds (til), til ke gajak is a traditional Punjabi dish,
which may serve either as dessert or snack item. It can be prepared
easily, because it requires only a few ingredients. However, you should
take care of the consistency of the jaggery-sesame mixture, because
carelessness might spoil the dish. Go through the following lines and
learn how to make til ke gajak.
Til Ki Gajak Recipe
- 1 cup Sesame
- 3/4 cup Jaggery
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 2 tbsp ghee
- Roast sesame on low flame stirring continuously to avoid it from
spluttering out of the pan.
- Boil jaggery in 1/2 cup water to form thick syrup.
- When done, check its consistency by putting a drop of the syrup
in a dish of cold water. If the drop stays firm the consistency is
- Add the roasted sesame to the syrup. On a rolling board, spread a
film of oil and spread the sesame-jaggery mixture.
- Flatten it to 1 cm thickness. When the mixture is sufficiently
cooled, cut into square pieces. Store in an airtight container
Comment On This Article